Yoga Instructor on a mission to help others feel great with yoga.
Explore the chakras in this 75 min yin yoga class for all levels
We've got a very special yin yoga class today yogis! This 75 minute yin yoga class focuses on the 7 chakras. Whether you believe in chakras or not, I encourage you to try this class with an open mind.
This is more than just a yoga class where we stretch and strengthen. Instead, this class calls on us to dive a little bit deeper and use our yoga practice to make meaningful changes in our daily lives.
The Seven Chakras:
- Root Chakra/Muladhara: safety, survival, community & family
- Sacral Chakra/Svadhisthana: creativity, sexuality, relationships
- Naval Chakra/Manipura: self-esteem, confidence, individuality
- Heart Chakra/Anahata: love, caring, oneness, acceptance
- Throat Chakra/Visuddha: truth, clear communication, integrity
- Third Eye Chakra/Ajna: wisdom, intuition, guidance
- Crown Chakra/Sahasrara: divine connection, spirituality, oneness with all
I hope you find this class beneficial in some way.
What is Yin Yoga? Yin yoga is often called the Yoga of the joints because unlike other styles of yoga, the emphasis is not on the muscles but on the deep connective tissue. Connective tissue is made up of fascia, ligaments and tendons which surround and form your joints. Yin yoga improves the range of motion in your joints and also strengthens them. The results and benefits are more flexibility and greater range of motion and also more stability within your joints. Although your muscles will also be stretched, that is not the focus of the practice. It is best to practice yin yoga while your muscles are cold and NOT warmed up, even if that sounds counter intuitive. The reason we do this is so that we can send the "stress" and the "Stretch" to the connective tissues. If the muscles are warm they will steal the focus away from the joints.
If you have an account then please login, or register to create a new account
- Admin Dare Me